Reactive Program: From Anxious to Zensational
Do you dread walking your dog?
Does your dog bark, lunge or growl at other dogs or people on walks?
In this online course that you will take in the comfort of your home, you will learn important skills through games and positive reinforcement (yup, no punishment needed) that will help your dog feel calmer on walks.
Your confidence will grow too! We want walks to be fun for you both so read on to learn more, or go ahead and register now.
Does this describe you?
These are real quotes from dog owners just like you. If you answered yes to one or more of these, then you need to register for this course now.
- Nothing I do seems to help. I am at a loss.
- My dog is stressed. I worry about my dog and want him to be happy.
- My dog scares the heck out of my neighbors. I feel ashamed.
- I can hardly control my dog. It’s so embarrassing. I’m overwhelmed.
- Dealing with an out of control dog is frustrating. I’ve stopped walking her.
- I feel like a failure and incapable of changing his behavior.
- We love our dog and want to help fix this problem.
You have questions? We have answers!
Have a question that is not answered here? Email Us!
This course is for owners with dogs that react on leash toward other dogs, people, cars, bikes, etc. Reacting means uncontrollable behaviors including lunging or pulling, barking, growling, or whining.
This is a self-paced course. Take as much time as you need to practice the skills in each week’s lesson to begin to change your dog’s reactive behavior. We recommend doing one lesson per week. This is an online course utilizing discussion, lectures, videos, photos, slides, and written material. There will be ample opportunity for asking questions and learning through feedback if you opt for the full package.
You can start anytime you want! There is no schedule to contend with. Fit everything into your schedule. And yes, working in the comfort of your home without distractions (to begin with) is the way to begin to get your dog to relax and feel safer.
You will need a computer or laptop with a good internet connection. While not ideal, a smartphone can be used.
The fee for the entire package includes:
- All of the coursework, video lessons, handouts, techniques, and instructor access to change your dog’s behavior in a positive way.
- Topical lesson discussions for a complete learning experience.<br>–Unlimited 5-day per week email access to an experienced instructor
- Generous phone support to answer questions and concerns. This package is $149.00
Need extra help? At a special reduced rate you can schedule a virtual consult to meet face-to-face online with a knowledgeable instructor to work with you and your dog as if you were in the same room, answer any questions and troubleshoot any issues.
Typically, dogs will show improvement, but it takes time to change behavior. One of the sections of the course will help you with realistic goal setting. Improvement is also contingent on how much you work with your dog as well as how long the problem has been happening and how serious a problem it is. All dogs are different so we can’t make any predictions or guarantees. However, we have helped hundreds of dogs with this problem and our goal is to help you with yours.
In the majority of dogs, the reason is fear, anxiety or stress. They react in order to get the scary thing to go away. In this course, we will teach your dog that there are other options instead of reacting. When he learns other, better behaviors, he or she will get calmer and you will both become more confident.
All of the behaviors listed below are not addressed in this class. Please contact us if you are not sure if this is the right class for your dog’s issues.
- Dogs whose only issue is guarding resources such as their food dish or toys.
- Dogs that jump on people in a friendly manner. A good dog trainer can help you with that. That is not fear-based reactivity.
- Dogs who are primarily scared of noises.
- Dogs who fight with the other dog(s) in their household but are fine with dogs outside the home.
- Dogs who are only a problem to visitors inside the home but aren’t a problem on leash to people outside the home.
- Dogs whose problems are not primarily due to leash reactivity. This course is designed to modify the behavior of dogs that react while on the leash.
For those that choose the complete course package, there are additional bonuses.
Here is a recap of how this course will help you with your leash-reactive dog.
In a few short weeks of working the program you will see progress and begin enjoying walks again.
- We will help you understand what causes reactivity and how it’s not about your dog being disobedient.
- Our proven techniques will teach you in the comfort of your home without having to take your dog any place worrisome.
- We will be there to help you as well as will a whole community of like-minded dog owners that share the same issues and worries and understand exactly what you’re going through.
- The course uses easy to use, step-by-step instruction, videos, and written materials, that will help you even if you are not good at training a dog.
- This course provides the skills and techniques you need to achieve dramatic and rewarding results. It is self-paced so while we suggest that you do it on the established time table, we know you are busy so you are able to fit it into your lifestyle.